I am a bit late to the #RockingMotherhood tag, but I figured it being mothers day when better to think about how I try to be a good mum. I am still fairly new to motherhood but I’m doing my best and really that’s all we can do. I think sometimes we are our own worst critic so it’s time to be our best cheerleader too!
The #RockingMotherhood tag was started when Pat at White Camelias published a post listing 10 reasons she was rocking this motherhood. It was such a popular post she started the tag so that other mums could celebrate their wins too.
I was tagged to take part by the lovely Alana at Burnished Chaos Her lovely blog is a parenting and lifestyle blog. It is full of lots of useful things for parents. I love the Words to Live By section!
So 10 reasons why I think I am Rocking Motherhood- some are very silly while others are from the heart!
- We give Baby D unconditional love and attention, always putting his needs first and as parents we always will.
- We always make time in the day to read at least one book together.
- Baby D is the best dressed in our household without fail everyday.
- We do lots of sensory play using homemade resources and lots of different materials.
- We all eat a well-balanced and healthy diet, the odd day Mummy is sustained entirely by tea alone doesn’t really count.
- We go for lots of walks together and try to go to at least one baby class a week.
- Without being judgemental I share what I’ve learnt about parenting with others, being a parent is hard we all know that, if we stick together all our children will benefit and grow together.
- Baby D is the cheekiest, happiest and most inquisitive little human I have ever met, I hope my encouragement and nurturing has had a wee bit to do with this.
- I have recently took the plunge and got down and dirty in the world of Messy Play. I feel if not my sanity my hoover alone deserves praise for this!
- We work together as parents to keep Baby D happy and healthy but we also make time for each other and our relationship.
Morag at Morag in Boston
Most of you lovely ladies have already taken part but please feel free to join in and if you tag me I’ll share and comment!
- Thank the blogger that tagged you and link to their blog.
- List 10 things you believe make you a good mother (this is just a guideline. It can be more or less than 10. I really don’t mind).
- Tag 3 – 5 bloggers to join in the #RockingMotherhood Tag.
- Grab the #RockingMotherhgood badge and add it to your post or sidebar.
I can’t wait to read what you come up with and so would Pat so if you tweet your post to @whitecamelias and @joysofamum we will be happy to RT them for you.