When I was packing my hospital bag I very naively packed the diaper bag thinking I’d just use that for the baby when we left the hospital, then never repacked it after we left. Naturally on our first outing using the diaper bag the baby was sick, I had no change of clothes, nothing to wipe myself with and a very grumpy baby to deal with.
Now three months later we have cracked the diaper bag which we now check and restock before every outing. Here are our essentials.
- Nappy Sacks
- Baby Wipes
- Baby Oil
- 2 x Socks
- 2 x Scratch Mittens
- 3 x Spare Vests
- 2 x Spare Trousers (one pair of footed is always good for a quick and easy change)
- Coat or Cardigan
- Pyjamas (just in case you are out past bed time, baby can be swiftly put into bed without disturbing him)
- 3 x Muslins
- Bibs (at least two more than you think you need)
- Measured out Feeds and a Bottle of Water (always at least one more than you think you need)
- Dummies and Dummy Clips (as many as you can cram into the bag)
- A Blanket
- Teething Toys and Teething Gel
Feel free to comment below with anything you couldn’t be without!